COMMITTED TO LIVE MUSIC CULTURE SINCE 1996.
PETZI ADVOCATES FOR THE SOCIAL AND POLITICAL APPRECIATION OF NON-PROFIT MUSIC CLUBS AND FESTIVALS.
As an umbrella organisation, PETZI currently represents 190 music clubs and festivals in 21 cantons and three linguistic regions. Its members are music clubs and festivals that organise primarily contemporary music concerts for cultural purposes, and are not profit-oriented. PETZI offers its members an Agenda (www.petzi.ch) with a built-in ticketing platform. The cultural events organised by PETZI members are visited and actively consumed by approximately 2.3 million people per year.
PETZI’s goals and activities are:
- Promoting collaboration and information exchange between members
- Lobbying in the capacity of a negotiating partner with local, cantonal and national authorities and organisations
- Supporting and counselling the members with regard to current questions as well as media and logistical issues; mediation
- Continuous monitoring of the legal situation and the law affecting event organisation in Switzerland;
- participating in legislative processes and statements
- Organising workshops and issue-specific conferences
- Collaborating with music and youth culture organisations in Switzerland and abroad
PETZI is a member of the European network for live music venues, clubs & festivals Live DMA. Through this membership, PETZI participates in the Live Style Europe project, which is co-financed by the Creative Europe programme.